IRB has emerged as the Preferred Bidder for the project of “Six laning of Ahmedabad to Vadodara section of NH-8 from km. 6.400 to km. 108.700 (Length 102.300 km) and improvement of existing Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway from km. 0.000 to km 93.302 in the State of Gujarat (Length 93.302 km.) under Phase V on Design Build Finance Operate Transfer (DBFOT) Toll basis (“the Project”)”.
Key highlights of the project are as under:
- IRB bags the first ultra mega project of NHAI in highway sector.
- Project is on DBFOT pattern.
- The construction cost is approximately Rs. 3600 crores.
- Concession period of 25 years.
- Construction period 3 years.
- IRB to get tolling rights on Ahmedabad Vadodara expressway from the appointed date.
- Premium offered to NHAI in year one is Rs. 309.60 crores which will increase by 5% YoY.
Scope of work involves upgradation of existing section of NH8 between Ahmedabad and Vadodara from existing 2 lane highway to a 6 lane super expressway and value addition to the existing Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway.